Stem Cell Education Seminar at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Carlsbad
Seminars in January
Morning Stem Cell Education Seminars
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Afternoon Stem Cell Education Seminars
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Do you suffer from: Knee Pain, Plantar Fascitis, Low Back Pain, Osteoarthritis of the Knee, Shoulder Pain, Neuropathy, Neck Pain, Joint Pain, Tennis Elbow. Find out if surgery-free, stem cell treatment can help relive your joint pain and get your life back!
WHAT IS REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Regenerative medicine is the procedure for replacing, renewing or technology human cells, tissues, organs, proteins, etc for the purposes of restoring function and homeostasis in the body. Among the vital elements of regenerative medicine is the use of mobile replacement strategies that generally requires stem cells.
WHAT ARE STEM CELLS?
These are undifferentiated cells in our own bodies having the capacity to change into any healthy cell in our entire body. Meaning they can transform into bone, skin, heart, and muscle cells to list a few. They have the ability to replicate considerably as compared to ordinary somatic cells such as skin. Stem cells are situated through our body in almost every organ and tissue such as bone marrow, fat, bones, teeth, etc.. However, as other cells in our body, stem cells also age as we all do. That is the reason why Tomorrow Doctor uses stem cells from umbilical cord that are healthy and young.
THE HISTORY OF STEM CELLS
Stem cells have been around for well over a century. In fact, the term stem cell was used as early as 1868 and in 1909, Alexander Maximow lectured in the Berlin Hematological Society on a theory that all blood cells come from exactly the same ancestor mobile.... . A stem cell. In 1968, the initial bone marrow transplant happened which was successful as a result of stem cells from the bone marrow. In 1978, stem cells have been discovered in human cord blood.
From here on, there have been many new types of stem cells discovered and the world of regenerative medicine commenced to take shape and show much promise. Currently, stem cells have the capacity to substitute bone, cartilage, fat, heart tissue, muscle, etc..
This reveals much promise for most disease states. In fact, you will find greater than 5000 clinical trials using stem cells found on the USA clinictrials.gov site. This shows the progress and promise of stem cells.
HOW DO STEM CELLS FUNCTION?
Stem cells have the capability to migrate into injured tissues, a phenomenon called homing. This occurs by injury/disease signs which are released in the distressed cells/tissue. Once stem cells are sent to a site of trauma or deployed to the blood stream, they go to these distressed signals and dock onto adjoining cells to commence doing their job.
- They serve as a cell replacement where they change into the needed cell type, such as a muscle cell. This is great for traumatic injuries and orthopedic programs.
- They don't express specific HLAs which help them prevent the immune system. In reality, mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) do this so well they're in clinical trials for graft versus host disease and also have been approved for pediatric graft versus host disease in Canada. These data and studies support the belief that the cells are secure to use as an "off the shelf" product such as Liveyon's ReGen® Series.
- They dock in an adjoining cell and release proteins known as growth factors, cytokines and chemokines. These variables help control many facets such as:
- Control the immune system and regulate inflammation which is an integral mediator of diseases of aging and autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
- Help to raise fresh blood vessel formation that assists in maintaining vasculature so that tissues can get proper blood circulation and also the correct nutrients needed to heal, in cases such as stroke, peripheral artery disease and heart disease.
- Supply trophic support for surrounding tissues and assist host endogenous fix. This works great when used in orthopedics because it causes signs to be discharged which may now activate your own stem cells to repair a knee for instance. In the event of diabetes, this can help any remaining beta cells to replicate or operate optimally.